Lily is constantly coming out with “little gems” that I must write down –
Doyee (Dolly) has become one of her best friends (other being her mum of course :) ) Doyee has eaten Shreddies, had milk and yoghurt poured on her, been in the bath and goes to bed with Lily every night. Doyee doesn’t like her clothes on – well Lily doesn’t like Doyee’s clothes on! And sometimes she gets dropped on the floor from a height. We were saying prayers the other night and Lily said “Amen” at the end as she does for every prayer – then she turned to Doyee. “Doyee – Amen….Amen Doyee” I had to pretend to be Dolly saying Amen. Tonight I’d said goodnight to Lily and given Lily and Dolly a good night kiss. About 20 minutes later Lily is shouting “Mum! Mum” So I went in to find her stood up in her cot all her sheets and blankets pulled off the cot and lying in a pile on the floor. And several pieces of wallpaper she had torn off the wall in her cot! Trying not to smile I told her that she shouldn’t pull wall paper off the wall. She turned to Doyee and said “Doyee” 18 months and trying to pass the blame! I said it wasn’t Dolly it was Lily. What can we do now? She picked up a piece and said “back” as she tried to stick this wallpaper back on the wall. As I watched her trying to stick the paper back on the wall I just was amazed at how lovely she really is. She said “soyee” and went to sleep.
Lily loves “bam” (ham) although we have been practicing the H sound and she can say Ham now…I think she just likes bam better. Anyway she went to the fridge and pulled out the ham. I saw her and took the ham off her and said “no Lily you must ask Mummy if you would like some ham.” About an hour later I heard the fridge door open out of the fridge came Lily with the ham in her hand. She looked up at me and said “Ask….Ask”
A few weeks ago Lily drew on the wall. We went and sat her in the corner by the door as a punishment. She said “soyee” and off she went. The next minute she arrived with a baby wipe and began trying to wipe the pen marks off the wall.
Lily loves socatots at the moment and tumble tots…and she was on the front page of the local paper with another boy because she was at baby rhyme time teddy bears picnic at the library. She loves to put her kit on for socatots and her T-shirt for Tumble tots she gets really excited. Aunty Helen bought her a new dress and I brought it through to show her…she said “oh….Wowww!” Very cute.
Lily loves reading the children’s Book of Mormon reader before she goes to bed. We read her one chapter every night and she loves to look at the pictures and point to the “man” or the “donk” (donkey) or Jesus. We read at the table at breakfast and Lily likes to have a set of scriptures to flick through while we read. She’ll hold the book up and pretend to read too…she loves to be involved. Even when we go to the toilet she likes to sit in the bidet next to you and pretend to wipe with a tissue.
She loves to say Hi to everyone, we can be walking down the street and she waves and calls out “Hi” to people going by. Yesterday we were walking to the local shop and she shouted “HI” across the road to a boy (3 year old) on his little tractor. We walked over to him and she pointed to me and said ”Mum” I guess introducing me to the little boy.
She loves animals – Dogs, cats (Molly is Mum’s cat but most cats get called Molly), horses, cows, sheep. She loves her books and animals and can name most animals now including goats and penguins.
Every day she touches someone’s heart and we’re just so grateful to have her in our family. She’s got a super character – great fun but also really loving and loves to give us snugs.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment