Sunday, June 1, 2008

Where has the Year Gone???

OUR PINK PRINCESS!
In the car this week Lily and I played 'Whats your favourite?' These were her answers:

Whats your favourite place? My wittle (little) playground (in the back garden)
Whats your favourite animal? Dumbo
What's your favourite colour? Pink
What's your favourite food? Sweetcorn ??
What's your favourite drink? Apple juice

I feel awful and cannot believe our last post was February! So much has happened this year I guess and the weeks just keep coming! Lily is singing, dancing and telling stories more than ever. She loves to listen to stories but also sit with a book and read the story out loud she amazes us how close to the actual words she is. She has an amazing memory.

She continues to entertain us, yesterday was a classic. We were out for lunch and she split something on her dress. With her hands on her cheeks she said "Oh know, what I gonna do? I cant go to the Fashion Show!" Having never mentioned the words Fashion show to her in my life I said where I you heard Fashion show? She said Jingle Bells....and then sang "Fashion through the Show on a on horse open sleigh!" It was one of those priceless moments.

Nige is still driving to Leeds and back most days as well as serving as Bishop of Congleton Ward. The travel is tiring for him but he loves the job and is also working really hard as Bishop.

We had the ground breaking for the new Congleton Chapel on Friday night, it was a good night with about 135 people there including two Mayors and their wives. Its an exciting time for the ward.


I called Lily "Where are you Lily? She replied "I'm in my Kitchen!" When i went into the lounge to see her there she was literally in her kitchen in fact in the sink!


Back in February we threw a surprise 30th Birthday Party for Nige. Nigel's Mum, Helen and Ron, Ash and Kim, Chris and Juli, Dave and Katishe Hughes, Michael and Siobhan, Mark and Jo, Fay, Denise and Matthew, Laura and Tim, Stuart and Sue, Rick and Rach, Jazz and Ro, Jake, Ben, Deb, Grandma and loads of Kids came. We hired a bouncy castle for the kids and a bucking bronco for everyone. It got quite competitive Juli Poulton determined to beat the lads! It was a fun day and even Nige enjoyed a party with lots of people. His illness last year really made me think we need to celebrate big occasions and get family and friends together.

No comments: