Saturday, March 3, 2007

Our New Home

Well there’s light at the end of the tunnel after viewing about 20 houses, having several offers rejected for Bradwall road, and looking on rightmove every day…we’ve found our dream family home.

The street itself is very nice lined with bungalows and gardens, our house is the odd one in the street not actually facing the road but positioned behind the other houses. In between two houses is a drive that leads to some gates and a concreted car park area, that we think would be ideal for basketball. The house is a 3 bed bungalow and is surrounded on all sides by grass. There are a few garage/ outbuildings to the left and space for a vegetable patch and a large grassy area (for football, volleyball, running, trampoline, swings whatever the kids would like).





As we were driving to view the house for the first time, I said to Nige that I was getting fed up of viewing houses and how I wished I could walk into a house and say yes, yes, yes to every room and the garden. To my surprise I couldn’t believe how perfect the house was for us, Nige had to keep prodding me so that I didn’t look overly keen. But as with everything its not all perfect its right at the top of our budget and a bit more.


We came away knowing that it would be such a great home for our children with so much space for them to play safely and be active. We prayed that if it was right our offer would be accepted. We waited overnight and most of the next day for the estate agent to get back to us. She would accept for a few thousand above our offer. We thought she had dropped the price enough for us so we accepted. Although we have pushed ourselves to the limit we think its well worth the investment. When we compare it to all the other properties we’ve seen we think it’s a snatch. We feel very blessed and grateful to be able to purchase this house…all we need now is some more children to put it to good use…fingers crossed!

No comments: